5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft Arc Mouse - Surface Edition

I have a Surface Pro 3 and like it for keeping handy, for going to meetings, etc. The Type Cover made for it isn't bad either, other than being just a bit small. The trackpad is OK and larger than the prior version of the cover. But if I'm going to spend much time working on the notebook, there's no substitute for a mouse.

I've got a decent Bluetooth mouse I use with it most of the time, but it becomes a bit bulky to stuff into the slim carrier I like to use. So, the other day I spotted an Arc Mouse on sale and grabbed it up for a try. It's the Bluetooth Surface Edition and I want to like it - really. It's got a really good feel and folds pretty flat when not in use. But, it's rather small for my hand.

It's strange, the arc mouse is about the same size as my regular mouse and I don't have really bit hands, but it seems insubstantial in my hand. I think it's because it angles down in the front so severely. I tested it by putting something on the table the the front could set on and that did indeed give it a better feel. But that's not a portable solution. I've also experimented with picking up the rear of the mouse and that works but isn't stable.

Before I give up, does anyone use one regularly?
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmith-plm View Post
    I have a Surface Pro 3 and like it for keeping handy, for going to meetings, etc. The Type Cover made for it isn't bad either, other than being just a bit small. The trackpad is OK and larger than the prior version of the cover. But if I'm going to spend much time working on the notebook, there's no substitute for a mouse.

I've got a decent Bluetooth mouse I use with it most of the time, but it becomes a bit bulky to stuff into the slim carrier I like to use. So, the other day I spotted an Arc Mouse on sale and grabbed it up for a try. It's the Bluetooth Surface Edition and I want to like it - really. It's got a really good feel and folds pretty flat when not in use. But, it's rather small for my hand.

It's strange, the arc mouse is about the same size as my regular mouse and I don't have really bit hands, but it seems insubstantial in my hand. I think it's because it angles down in the front so severely. I tested it by putting something on the table the the front could set on and that did indeed give it a better feel. But that's not a portable solution. I've also experimented with picking up the rear of the mouse and that works but isn't stable.

Before I give up, does anyone use one regularly?
    I've seen that mouse in OfficeDepot and am also interested in its performance. Right now I'm using a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse with my Dell Venue 8 tablet, it's thinner that my Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth mice.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=microsoft+mouse&ia=products

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I use that mouse more often than not with my SP3. It works really well on a variety of surfaces. It does not seem very sturdy when you first use it but soon it feels just light and easy. I use it as is - no propping up. I think it is good enough to recommend to my boss on his new SP4.

Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe, doesn't it seem really small? I feel like I keep having to shift my grip to use the scroll strip or right click.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Yes. It does seem small but you adjust to it.

Joe