Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Access to Microsoft.

Good point Joe, I did not look at it in this light.

This is unreal, 25 hours now on "Getting Updates" and no action at all.

How can I access the Microsoft help. I used to see that number on the screen after trying to validate an install, after three tries. It is not shown anymore !

On this repaired Acer, new motherboard, I am trying to install W-10 Insider, it downloaded fine enough but during the install, it went looking for Updates and still is. Runs W-7 SP1 now and Genuine it is. Where is my problem ?

All fine wishes. Jean.

Thanks
    This is unreal, 25 hours now on "Getting Updates" and no action at all.
    Check your internet access lines. Avoid using wifi if you can.

What happens when you do a hard shut down and re-boot?
    Does a chkdsk come back clean?
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, Clint.

Yes all these that you suggested were done. CHKDSK is routine clean. On RJ45 here. A hard shut down starts again with a choice of normal boot that I use.

This morning, after letting it run over night, I was presented with the Accept-Decline screen. Of course, and you will not believe this, I accepted and it looped back to "Getting Updates", the 6 marbles are going round and round, AGAIN, at 0%.

I got on this : https://insider.windows.com hoping to have preferential service but not ! I did sign on as an Insider, to no avail. This Acer that I repaired with a new motherboard, is more or less, a test machine, really testing my patience. It ran beautifully on W-7 Home Premium.

Where is the bottle-neck ? Thanks for your patience too. All fine wishes. Jean.

Thanks
    How can I access the Microsoft help
    Use the "Contact Support" App. Click on the Windows key and type "Contact Support.

Jerry

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry, hello.

I thought of Support but last time I used it, I got somebody from India and that did not help at all. Anyway, quest is over and complete. I finally got W-10 to run here on this reconditioned Acer-2. What a quest this was, we all have our problems. I must have spent 25 to 30 hours doing this, most of it was watching the machine do its thing.

All in all a learning experience. Thanks for your help.