Lounger
    Thanks

Installing Fedora beside Win10

Hello,

I have two hard drives 1 TB ea. and on one of them I have WIN 10 installed. I want to learn how to use Linux in specific Fedora.

So, how can I install fedora on the other hard drive and be able to select the desired OS on startup.

Thanks
    Download the Fedora installer and put it on a USB drive or DVD. Boot from that drive and install it on your system, making sure you select the option that installs it alongside Windows — don’t tell it to wipe your hard drive. It’ll automatically set up a Grub2 boot loader menu that lets you choose your preferred operating system each time you boot your computer.

https://getfedora.org/

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I test various versions of Linux by downloading the .iso file, burning to disc then booting to the CD/DVD drive. Linux does run a bit slower but gives a very good idea of what it can do. The ones I've used had support for sound and network devices, printers can be more problematic but would be even with installed versions. I presently have Linux Mint 17.2 installed on a Desktop and a Notebook.

Lounger
    Thanks
    How can I make my usb flash bootable in order to install fedora from usb

Thanks
    Files in the Fedora installer make the USB drive bootable, but to make the drive boot the PC, you need to enter the BIOS/EUFI and set the flash drive as the first boot option. Note that older motherboards don't have this facility.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Fedora is now installed successfully, the question now can I have different kind of linux on the same Hard drive + WIN on a separate hard drive

Thanks
    Yes, you just need to re-partition the hard drive to provide the space to install the OS in. You can have multiple OSs on one hard drive, restricted only by the number of suitably sized partitions that will fit onto your hard drive and each with the option to to run at boot. The Windows built in partitioning utility is very basic, so its best to use third party software such as MiniTool Partition Wizard.

http://filehippo.com/download_minito..._home_edition/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimanco View Post
    so its best to use third party software such as MiniTool Partition Wizard.

http://filehippo.com/download_minito..._home_edition/
    Personally I prefer the bootable cd version.

MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable 9.1

Maybe it's just me but working with partitions outside of the Windows environment just seems to be a better/safer option.
    Hawk

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to both of you, I installed Ubuntu and Fedora + WIN 10 on different HD no I made partition for Kali linux but I wasn't able to install it since it's asking for CD

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you run into problems with your Boot-loader screen, install EASYBCD on your primary hard drive. When run, EASYBCD will scan for all operating systems on all drives and create a new Boot-loader Screen for startup.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I was able to find out how to install kali linux, but I ran into some issues related to the bootloader. My question now is can I disconnect the hard drive that contains WIN 10 and on the other hard drive I am planning to install my linux systems ( Fedora, Kali, ubuntu). and