3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

jv16 power tools, is it any good?

Hi,

I came across jv16 power tools & tried it on an old XP machine, cleaned up a lot of stuff. Don't really use it on a reg basis.
    Fired it up a couple of times. Seemed to work fine.

Anyone have any thoughts on jv16 power tools before I go further with my testing. Want to use it on 2 W7 Pro 32 bit PC's.
    All comments thoughts welcome.

PC: Is this the old Mace Tools (Utilities) of the 80's?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    No and Yes. No, it is not the old Mace Utilities, because Yes -- it is the NEW set of utilities! This set of utilities is very very powerful and can be very dangerous to any newbie. While I believe you are not a newbie, neither am I, I believe we want to tread very carefully into the different modules of this jv16 Power Tools.
    If you can give me an idea of what you would like this utilities set to accomplish, I can relate my experiences, and together, we can formulate some things for others in here.
    What I have found out the hard way [and then giving thanks to my restorable backups]: too assertively or too aggressively using such utilities can lead to said utilities giving enduser and the computer each a wedgie so great that one would barely be able to see over the waistband. [These toys have been known to use service elevators in their delivery attempts.]
    Last edited by RolandJS; 2016-02-28 at 20:37.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RolandJS For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2016-02-28)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandJS View Post
    No and Yes. No, it is not the old Mace Utilities, because Yes -- it is the NEW set of utilities! This set of utilities is very very powerful and can be very dangerous to any newbie. While I believe you are not a newbie, neither am I, I believe we want to tread very carefully into the different modules of this jv16 Power Tools.
    If you can give me an idea of what you would like this utilities set to accomplish, I can relate my experiences, and together, we can formulate some things for others in here.
    What I have found out the hard way [and then giving thanks to my restorable backups]: assertively or aggressively using such utilities can lead to said utilities giving enduser and the computer each a wedgie so great that one would barely be able to see over the waistband. [These toys have been known to use service elevators in their delivery attempts.]
    Roland,
    Thanks for your quick response & generous response.

I think I have a problems or 2 revolving around Win Explorer & Outlook 2003. Yes I'm using Office 2003 as I have the program & it more than fits my needs fine. As does Fireworks 2 & Alpha 4 DOS version. All have run very well for several yrs under XP Pro & W7 pro.

I do a lot of creative,innovative business type work "above the code & the hdwe".

Below are some examples of how I use Outlook.
    Win Explorer:
    Lately Win Exp seems to be slow, and I don't think it updates changes to files as quickly as before. Also I does not hold label changes very well. Over the yrs, I've used PowerDesk Pro & standardized it to display only the field labels I need for my work, & I could also EASILY toggle between txt & images. WE is very kludgy in this manner. The new PowerDesk file mgr has changes with the latest fashion. Was told by local expert to use WE only.

Sometimes I can view image files & sometimes I can't. Think it has to do with folder options? Have been trying to get synopsys of what each option does.
    I have some other issues but they would take too long to explain.

Outlook:

All I want to do is export my less contacts to a csv our an xls file, but I run into problems there. Over the last 30 yrs, I cooked up an easier method of viewing my contacts.
    Below some pix of what I do with Outlook 2003 which was a POC in OE. Yea, tried many pop3 email clients to no avail. Web mail is not secure, inefficient & kludgy for ny needs,

This could go on & on & Im not a typist & I wear tri focals. And I don't want to waste your time as this forum has been very helpful to me over the years.

Below are some samples of how I use Outlook & its address book & both have worked fine for yrs & for decades with OE:

You'd be surprised of how many people read, remember, comment positively about my emails.

Thanks
    I don't much use it anymore for WX these days.
    Too potentially damaging, and the plain truth is, it's just not needed as there are well known & safer alternatives.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2016-02-28)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    @klxdrt,

Please start threads in the appropriate forums for your issues. It appears you should be using the Windows 7 & Outlook forums. One problem per thread please.

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    @klxdrt,

Please start threads in the appropriate forums for your issues. It appears you should be using the Windows 7 & Outlook forums. One problem per thread please.

Joe
    I did look thru all forums and "other apps" seemed to fit. My orig question was about jv16 power tools. Problems with WE & Outlook were mentioned as to how/whether they could benefit from using jv16 power tools.

Thanks
    Carefully and cautiously used, I suppose jv16PT can be a little bit useful, along with the normal steps endusers do for maintenance, in keeping Windows and Outlook running smoothly.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RolandJS For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2016-02-28)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    I do not think that JV16 will help with either problem as described. I say again - start new threads for each problem in the appropriate forum. Those problems are a digression from the original question.

Joe

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

klxdrt (2016-02-28)