Thanks

Ghost bookmarks in portable Pale Moon

I have been having a problem in 64 bit Portable Palemoon browser (was 2 updates old at the time in question, now up to date) with bookmarks that disappear but are still 'there'. I have noticed anomalies like this for a while but was a bit unsure if it was 'just me'

Here is what I am dealing with: I am using Add Bookmark Here 2 which allows me to select a bookmark folder (in this case a Toolbar Folder) and chose to add a bookmark for the current web page from the folders context menu. This is a wonderful tool BTW. In my most documented case I used the regular option to Bookmark All Tabs and named the folder "Dill Pickles". Upon checking I found it was absent. I repeated and named the folder "Dill Pickles2" with similar results. I tried saving to a folder one higher in the tree with same results again.

Now here is the really interesting part: if I go to Library (Organize Bookmarks) the Bookmarks are missing, if I then put Dill in the search bookmarks bar I get the similarly named contents of all three folders AND if I check the folder tree to the left the folders ARE present.

Restarts and reboots do not improve the situation. A use of the Place Manager Add-on does not help. An Export and Import of the json file bears no fruit as well.

So there are 3 things I want to resolve.

1. How do I recover all bookmarked items that maybe 'ghosting' with out actually remembering what they are (not having to remember is the whole idea behind bookmarks after all) and searching for them in Library?

2. What is causing this in the first place?

3. How do I prevent this happening again? Might it be related to Add Bookmark Here 2?

Ok I also want to make the perfect Dill Pickle but that's another thread...

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    OK seems this is not an area of expertise of WS, I am going to try the Mozilla Forums with this (and another PM related problem). I will post links to both and update here.

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

Thanks
    Try the Pale Moon forum...

Thanks
    Ok I will give that a go first.

Just reposted @
    https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11436

David