New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 log in

Lately when I reboot there are two boxes(lower left) with my name to log in. The top one is for to log in with my password and it will go on to all my saved areas(wall paper, quick launch programs, etc.) The lower one will boot to basic Windows 10 with none on my saved areas. It does not require password.
    How can I get rid of the second box?

Windows 10 Pro 64
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Des,

The second one is obviously a second USERID. So you could delete the USERID in Control Panel -> Users. However, it seems you don't want to do that or you wouldn't have set it up.

This procedure worked in Win 7 I haven't tested in W10 so try at your own risk and have a Recent Image Backup available JIC!

Before you begin with the instructions you should back up your System.
    1. Start, Run and type regedit and click OK
    2. Navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\Userlis t.
      You will not see this folder if you do not have show hidden system files turned on.
    3. Create a DWORD value, right click on the User list label file on the left side of the screen and select New>DWORD. You'll see the new entry in the right pane of the window, rename this value the name of the user account you want hidden (exactly how it is listed in the Startup screen, case sensitive) and leave the value at 0.
    4. Close your Registry Editor.
    5. Restart the PC.

Here's a PDF with my full explanation of this procedure: HiddenUserAccounts.pdf

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    More information

For some reason the two users Id are the same. both are Administrator. The first one is password protected.
    Cannot delete the second one in Users account. Following your response there is no \Special Accounts\Userlist.
    The show hidden system files is turned on.
    On Safe Mode I still cannot delete the second account.
    Any other suggestions?
    Thank you