Lounger
    Thanks

I cannot set MY keyboard layout as default

Hello:

I have created an alternative keyboard layout (with Keyboard Layout Manager, a great app). The keyboard layout appears in or to the right of the Notification area, and I can change to MY layout there. But as soon as I reboot or restart the computer, the Window's default keyboard layout is back, and I have to change to MY layout manually.

I am sure there is a way to get MY layout to stick, but I really need someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Hans L

Thanks
    Hi Hans,

Once you've created your chosen custom keyboard using Keyboard Layout Manager, do this:

a) Copy the following text (in italics) to the Windows clipboard: explorer shell:::{BF782CC9-5A52-4A17-806C-2A894FFEEAC5}
    b) Right-click on the Windows 10 Start button.
    c) Select the Run option in the menu.
    d) Paste the text into the Run text box then press Enter (or click the OK button).
    e) On the left-hand side of the Language dialog, left-click on Advanced Settings.
    f) Half-way down the Advanced Settings dialog, in the Override for default input method area, use the dropdown list to select the keyboard layout you want to use as the default.
    g) Click on the Save button at the bottom of the dialog.

keyboard layout.png
    Click to enlarge

You can now exit the Language dialog.

Hope this helps...

Lounger
    Thanks
    Rick, thank you so very much. I had not seen that option, although I had been looking for something like it.

My keyboard life is back to normal :-)

Again, thanks,

Hans L