Thanks

Phantom computer in my Homegroup

I've had trouble with a non-existent computer showing up in my Homegroup, which has two Windows 10 machines and one Windows 7 machine. I got some advice to remove all the Homegroup computers one-by-one, then to start a new Homegroup. That seemed to be good advice, until I tried to start the new Homegroup.

Instead of starting a new Homegroup, I keep getting prompted for the password of the former one. I don't know that password, of course, since all the computers in that group have been removed.

My system still seems to think that there's a computer connected to a Homegroup. Here's the message I keep getting:

Capture.PNG

AllianceLaptop was a Windows 8 computer that I sold about a month ago. Other than the above message, it shows no signs of still being on my network, in my Homegroup, or anywhere else.

How can I get rid of it?
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    When I work on computers and connect to the 'net through my Router I will have them show on other computers on my Network but do not disappear after they have been returned to their owners so I just delete the icon for those drives, usually don't come back and no problem. Sometimes it works to Disconnect such a computer when in one of mine just as if disconnecting a Mapped drive.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts