New Lounger
    Thanks

How to create Group Contact in Outlook by getting data from excel

Hello to Everyone !

i want to create a group contact in outlook and having information like name, email address, mobile number in excel. please explain how to import or create.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by erfan View Post
    Hello to Everyone !

i want to create a group contact in outlook and having information like name, email address, mobile number in excel. please explain how to import or create.
    It might help if you were to mention which version of Outlook you are using. There may not be major issues between the versions but sometimes the little differences matter.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In Outlook 2010, here is the sequence you follow:

Outlook | Contacts | New Contact Group | Name: erfan group | Add Members | From Outlook Contacts/From Address Book | Save & Close

Group members are not like ordinary contacts. They get a name and an e-mail address and that's it; there are no phone numbers or anything else. Only regular contacts get all the elaborate extended description fields like Company, Job Title, Address and all the rest. Thus for me, my Group contacts are always personal contacts or from a corporate address book first. I only add them to a Group later, and if that has some value.

As for your statements on Excel, I'm not sure what you mean. You could export to Excel, or import from there. Rather than try to guess I'll let you explain.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    BTW in Outlook 2013 and higher, the term "Contact" has been replaced by the term "People".