Thanks

BootIt Bare Metal

Made available February 25, BootIt Bare Metal v1.32 now includes Image For DOS (like BootIt Next Generation used to). It's $39.95 for new users, free upgrade for current license holders.

I don't know why I missed this when I posted about the upgrade of Image For Windows.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Or use Aomei Backupper free, it has bare metal restore built-in.
    I'll stop bleating on about this product one day, maybe

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    @ bbearren

I gave up on PowerQuest PartitionMagic and DriveImage about 2004 after Symantec took over PowerQuest and ended support.

After trying alternatives available at the time I bought "BootIt Next Generation", which has since become "BootIt Bare Metal".

"Image for DOS" was included in BootItNG, and was also included in BootItBM from the outset.

It suits me to use BootItBM on my systems because apart from being an excellent boot manager for dual-booting it also allows me to connect a HDD (or SSD), boot to BootItBM, then manage partitions and/or create partition images.

The advantage of "Image for DOS" is that I can usually create an image of a system partition even if the system is failing to boot.

@ Paul

As you should realise from the above BootItBM is much more than just a program for creating backup images.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    The advantage of "Image for DOS" is that I can usually create an image of a system partition even if the system is failing to boot.
    Both Acronis and Macrium Reflect allow you to make a system partition image via the recovery disks even if the system is failing to boot . Seems like a basic function of imaging software unless i'm missing something.

Jerry