Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Win 10 [Insider Preview] multiple problems: shut down failure, update failure, onedrive failure

I am running Windows 10 Insider 14257.rs1_release.160131-1800 on an Asus Model K55A laptop, that I upgraded from Windows 7 via DVD. I have been having multiple issues since i upgraded; at this time, here is a summary of problems:
    1. Every time I shut down Windows, I get the new-fangled sad face blue screen that says there was a problem, with the reference "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". Then, after "gathering information," Windows reboots. Once I get to the login screen, I need to select Shut Down to power off; if I log on again, Windows boots up, but when I try to shut down, the same thing happens.
    2. Whenever Windows starts, I get a message saying "We couldn't find the location of your OneDrive folder." If I enter my email address and password, OneDrive appears to set up properly, but once I reboot my system, it can't be found again.
    3. I know that version 14257 is not the latest build, but the system will not download or install the update. If I select Update and Shut Down or Update and Restart, as the system prepares to reboot, the blue screen reappears and the system reboots to the login screen. I also get an occasional red box message when Win is running stating that Windows was unable to install an update.

Windows 10 itself seems to run all right, though this is not a heavily used system. I have run sfc /scannow, but it does not detect any problems. Can someone suggest what I should do next to try and solve these problems? Is there any additional information I can supply? And -- how do I get out of the Insider program on this system to get the standard Windows 10? All assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

Thanks
    If Joe's suggestion doesn't work, try Tweaking.com's Windows Repair:
    http://www.tweaking.com/content/page...ll_in_one.html

Jerry

Lounger
    Thanks
    Never mind! Since I had very little on the laptop that needed to be saved, I download the Windows 10 iso, burned a DVD, and reinstalled Windows 10, saving nothing. Once the installation completed, I now have a new Windows 10 Pro on the system that does not crash at shutdown or have any other problem (as far as I can tell). Plus it is now regular Windows 10, not the Insider edition.

But I will look at the Tweaking.com site; thanks for the suggestion.