New Lounger
    Denver, Colorado

Question Win 10 download never completes

After much hesitation, I decided to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. I find that it is impossible! I began with the Get Windows 10 application that Microsoft Update has installed on my two Win 7 machines. I get the large Win 10 upgrade window and after a few choices, it shows Beginning Download and the circling stars -- forever. I have tried on each of my computers, and in each case, the circle has run more than 24 hours, at which time I give up and close the window. My internet connection on Century Link DSL is not particularly fast, but I can watch two different Netflix feeds at once. Even 3gb should succeed in downloading in something less than 24 hours. Any ideas?

After having the online upgrade fail on me twice, similar to you, I now use the Media Creation Tool method instead. In my opinion it's just easier and way more reliable. I used the MCT to create a USB-based installer but you can also create a DVD-based installer if you want.

(Just bear in mind that the read speed of a DVD drive is slower than the read speed of USB sticks so the install will take longer.)

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2016-03-14 at 03:19.

Banned Member
    Hi! I agree with Rick! Media Creation Tool is the best way to up grade to W10. I also prefer the flash!
    My experience has been a little over 2 hours to complete the up grade!