5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pro security tips from the 2016 RSA conference

ON SECURITY

Pro security tips from the 2016 RSA conference

By Michael Lasky

The ongoing fight against malware infections is waged on many fronts, as was made clear at the 2016 RSA security conference, held recently in San Francisco, California. But the best practices for protecting ourselves from online threats remain much the same: maintain strong passwords, back up your PC daily, and, now more than ever, think before you click.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/top-story/pro-security-tips-from-the-2016-rsa-conference]/ (content opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by Kathleen Atkins; 2016-03-08 at 14:26.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    K9 sounds like a useful tool for consumers. Is WS planning to test it? I'm mainly interested in knowing if it will slow down loading websites or give me issues.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Wondering how up to date it is, most of the stuff on their site looks to be a couple of years old.

Lou

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Yes; K9 doesn't seem to have been updated for three years, and there's no mention of Windows 10.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I did not see any mention of sandboxes for web security. I've been using Sandboxie (http://sandboxie.com/) for several years, and it seems to work well. At least, it makes me feel more secure - are there known exploits to this approach?