2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Angry How to get rid of annoying messages?

My windows 8.1 laptop is a standalone machine – in other words it isn’t connected to the internet; and never will be. I frequently play the built-in standard solitaire games and find 2 features really annoying.

In every instance of entering the games environment, a white banner appears across the screen with white text reading: “An update for Microsoft Solitaire is available in the Windows store. Would you like to update now?’

After clicking “no” another blue banner which (sometimes) appears right after the first banner reads: “Switch to a Microsoft account on this PC. Many applications & services (like this one) rely on a Microsoft account to synchronise content & settings across devices. We’ll help you set up your Microsoft account now.”

Does anyone know if these ribbons can be permanently disabled somehow.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    following

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't understand your response Fascist Nation; it simply reads: 'following' (1 word).

Also I should have mentioned in my initial post that my desktop computer has internet access via a thumbdrive. I rarely use this thumbdrive in conjunction with the laptop.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Perhaps he doesn't know how to click Thread tools then Subscribe to thread. I can think of no other reason for a one word response.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

Fascist Nation (2016-03-11)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Perhaps he was "bumping" it because he was interested in a solution...

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robko View Post
    My windows 8.1 laptop is a standalone machine – in other words it isn’t connected to the internet; and never will be. I frequently play the built-in standard solitaire games and find 2 features really annoying.

In every instance of entering the games environment, a white banner appears across the screen with white text reading: “An update for Microsoft Solitaire is available in the Windows store. Would you like to update now?’

After clicking “no” another blue banner which (sometimes) appears right after the first banner reads: “Switch to a Microsoft account on this PC. Many applications & services (like this one) rely on a Microsoft account to synchronise content & settings across devices. We’ll help you set up your Microsoft account now.”

Does anyone know if these ribbons can be permanently disabled somehow.
    If the computer truly has never been connected to the Internet [whether a browser was used or not] and [if necessary] it was activated by telephone plus never updated then the things you are seeing are built into Windows and it will be difficult to locate and remove them.