New Lounger
    Thanks

Automatically Sending an Email when Conditional Formatting Update

I am trying to figure out how to get excel to automatically send an email to three different people when my conditional formatting is triggered.

Basically I want an email to go out when my dates fall within the month, and additionally within the week. I will attach a copy of the sheet I am working on. Is there a way to specifically target and send through email the specific cells that are triggered?Production Stage Release Dates.xlsx

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi Jeff

Welcome to the Lounge as a new poster.

..presumably you would only want to send such emails once, and not each and every time you opened the workbook??
    So, perhaps having another conditional format to show that a relevant email has already been sent??

zeddy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes you are correct, just once not every time the file is opened.

Thank You for your welcome to the forums. I have only just really started getting into what excel can actual do.

Thanks
    Hi Jeff,

I would think that triggering off of an inputted value that initiates the conditional formatting would be more reliable than triggering off of the conditional format itself.

The worksheet_Change event would detect that a certain cell(s) had their values changed. The code within those routines would determine what action to take based on the value. So code that looks for a change in the dates in Column C would perform actions base on the actual value of the date.

As far as generating an email base on selecting, changing, or evaluating the cell's value, yes this is quite doable.

Maud