Thread: Double .jpg

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Double .jpg

Hello. I am an Insider on 14279 now. When booting from cold, I get two .jpg to double up on my screen. First the lock-screen.jpg and when I hit a key to go to the Welcome screen, I then get that .jpg over the lock-screen one. This is new to me and it takes place on two machines here, running 14279. Anybody else ? I will try to post an image of them in my next Edit.

Oooopss ! Can not do a PrnScrn until a full boot. I will not give up, there is another try coming.

Here they be :

IMG_0018.JPG

This is the lock screen. Then the Welcome one :

IMG_0019.JPG

Is it my machines or W-10 ?

Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2016-03-09 at 11:01.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Normal behavior. You should read what's new in build 14279.

"Updated logon experience: Previously on PC, there were two separate backgrounds for the Lock screen and then the logon screen. We’re merging the experience so there is just a single background – your Lock screen background. This is similar to the behavior seen on mobile. If you have a custom Lock screen background set, you will see your Lock screen background is now used for both the Lock screen and logon screen. If you’re a Windows Spotlight user – hold tight, you’ll see this change soon in a future build. We’re also working on some additional tweaks here to make the transition between the Lock screen and logging in much smoother."

Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks a mega, Joe. I did read the "What is new" diagonally and this did not register here. I will have to slow down and read all. But why not go to the Welcome screen then, first and foremost ?

A great day to you. Jean.