5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A day square day.

First, I found out I didn't have to pay a tax penalty for not having health insurance. Then, my 16 year old riding lawnmower which would not turn over a few weeks back did so and it started today (so I was able to cut my yard finally; very much was needed).

I have a theory about why today's such a good day. It's one of the few day square days. There's only 5 calendar days that are: 1/1, 2/4, 3/9, 4/16, and 5/25. That's got to be it. Looking forward to the day after tax day. lolol

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lylejk View Post
    That's got to be it. Looking forward to the day after tax day. lolol

That is April 19 this year...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I wonder why; the 15th is on Friday, and Monday's the 18th, so why 19th? Just means folk have even more than a few more extra days after the next Day Square day. That is good news as well. lolol

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For forum members who may not be familiar with individual income taxes in the US:

Typically the deadline date for filing your income tax return with the IRS is April 15th, unless that date falls on a weekend (Saturday or Sunday).
    Emancipation Day is held on April 16th, unless that date falls on a weekend. When it falls on a weekend, it is moved to the nearest weekday, which in 2016 means Friday, April 15th! In 2005, Emancipation Day was made an official public holiday of the District of Columbia and under the Tax Code, D.C. holidays are considered federal holidays, meaning the deadline to file your taxes in 2016 is moved to Monday, April 18th, 2016 for the majority of taxpayers.
    However, for individual taxpayers in Maine and Massachusetts, there’s a complication because of the observance of a public holiday, "Patriots’ Day". It is observed on the third Monday in April, which in 2016 falls on Monday, April 18th. The due date for returns in those states is pushed to the next business day. Thus for Maine and Massachusetts taxpayers the deadline is Tuesday, April 19th.

RockE

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Also for those not familiar with U.S. tax code that is the uncomplicated part!
    ROTFLOL.gif
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

RockE (2016-03-12)