New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows updates for March affecting users' printers

Since the updates started this week we have been having printer issues. You can print from the Web but not Office programs. We have HP, Xerox, Canon and Konica. We started by rolling the updates back on the print server. This did not correct the problem. So this pointed to the client machines. We are a Window 7 shop running Office 2010. What we have found so far is the only way to clear the problem is to roll back before Tuesdays updates. Has anyone else run into this problem would like to narrow it down to what updates.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You will need to install just one update at a time until the error reoccurs.

Change your update settings to Check for but let me choose.. then when the updates are offered again, go to Windows Updates then click on Important and/or Optional and uncheck the top box which will deselect all - then just check the first one and install then work your way down the list.

It's possible that it could be the .NET Framework ones, so work those first.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    You will need to install just one update at a time until the error reoccurs.

Change your update settings to Check for but let me choose.. then when the updates are offered again, go to Windows Updates then click on Important and/or Optional and uncheck the top box which will deselect all - then just check the first one and install then work your way down the list.

It's possible that it could be the .NET Framework ones, so work those first.
    Thanks I will start with the .NET and remove the updates until problem is solved.