Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Headphone plugin does not disconnect external speakers

I'm using 64bit Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Optiplex computer. I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate. I used to be able to watch videos using my headphone which upon insertion would disconnect the external speakers and sound would come through the headphone. Since I upgraded to Win 10 I have to go into playback devices and make headphones the default. Then when I'm finished I have to reverse the procedure to hear through the external speakers. Is there a resolution?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aldagoag View Post
    I'm using 64bit Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Optiplex computer. I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate. I used to be able to watch videos using my headphone which upon insertion would disconnect the external speakers and sound would come through the headphone. Since I upgraded to Win 10 I have to go into playback devices and make headphones the default. Then when I'm finished I have to reverse the procedure to hear through the external speakers. Is there a resolution?
    My situation is a bit different and not really elegant but the solution may work for you. Because of my 4 computers connected through a KVM to only 1 Monitor, 1 Keyboard and 1 Mouse I use one set of speakers and a headset. I have male to female extension cables from the rear speaker jack of each computer and the speaker cable running to the front of the desk and can switch between speaker or headset. The extensions don't care what is plugged into them and I don't have to reach the back of the computers to change. The 2 Dell computers work as they should but my 2 Custom computers don't have the case-front ports.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

aldagoag (2016-11-22)