Star Lounger
    Thanks

Drop down list to return multiple values based on another sheet.

Hi all,

I have a data sheet called master list, which has lots of information on it.

I want to create a sheet called From and have 2 drop downs on it which refer to the master list sheet.

Based on the drop downs I want to return multiple lines from the master list:

i.e.

Drop down selected is Dean:

there are 25 lines on the master list with Dean in the box, I want the multiple lines to be deisplaed on the Form sheet. Is that possible?

There may be instances where both boxes are selected on the form tab and I would like this to then return info based on both selection drop downs.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    ...Dean in the box
    Stimpson,

If "Dean" is selected, will there be a cell with just "Dean" or will a search be required to see if it is contained in any values in any of the cells in the row?

If both boxes are used to provide search criteria, do you want the resulting rows mixed or sorted by the criteria used?

Maud

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    ..and if your two dropdowns have values in, do you want records returned which must have both values in (i.e must match dropdown1 value AND dropdown2 value, or do you want records that EITHER match dropdown1 OR match dropdown2

zeddy