Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to convert an EML file to a JPG file?

Is there a way to convert an eml file to a jpg file?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    What sort of file is the EML? Is it a mail file? If so you can open it in mail and then copy.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    If you can open the EML file, and show the whole thing on the screen, you can use Snipping Tool to get a picture of it, then save the picture as a JPG file.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimphelps For This Useful Post:

Fascist Nation (2016-03-16)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    From Wikipedia:

EML — (.eml) — File format used by several desktop email clients
    List of file formats
    Last edited by BHarder; 2016-03-15 at 18:30. Reason: Better URL, simplify quote

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Phelps and Harder. I found the Snipping Tool was not effective as it does not allow one to scroll down; unless there is a trick I'm unaware of it captures only what one can see at the moment.
    With respect to online tools I'm wary of using something that is not tried and true. Still searching.

Thanks
    How about this: http://www.wikihow.com/Open-EML-Files -- tells how to open an EML file.

Basically, you should be able to open the file using several email clients -- Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.

Or, they give you a link for an EML file viewer. (Full disclosure - I haven't personally used this viewer.)

Once you open the item, you will at least be able to scroll through the item.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Converting a mail file to a JPEG file can be done but it has a conceptual problem. E-mail is a "complex" format, capable of containing both graphics and text, as well as attachments. You lose all this internal structure when you convert to a pure graphics format.

I'm assuming you know this and are OK with the result.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjimphelps View Post
    How about this: http://www.wikihow.com/Open-EML-Files -- tells how to open an EML file.

Basically, you should be able to open the file using several email clients -- Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.

Or, they give you a link for an EML file viewer. (Full disclosure - I haven't personally used this viewer.)

Once you open the item, you will at least be able to scroll through the item.
    Once you have opened the EML file, you could convert it to an XPS file by printing it to the Microsoft XPS Document Writer "printer". It would then be similar to a JPG file, in that it would be a graphics file.

XPS documents won't open in Paint, but they will open in the XPS Viewer which comes with Windows. Not sure if any other commonly-available program will open an XPS file.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I played around with the file as it was an obit from the newspaper with text and a graphic. I did not keep track of my steps! I found a way to shrink the file and then was able to copy it as a jpeg file.
    Thanks for the tips.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi PCL,
    Snagit is claimed to do what you described.

https://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html

Hope this helps,
    Dave

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is Snagit a proven safe website?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    "Is Snagit a proven safe website?"

I don't know how we can ever be sure that a website that is "safe" today will not be infected tomorrow. But the product (Snagit) and its manufacturer (TechSmith) have apparently been around for decades.

You could do an internet search on "snagit user reviews" and factor the results into your assessment of safety.

Dave

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can vouch for SnagIt as a product. We've used it in a corporate context for years now and the users really like it.

As DHL said, any website can be infected, much like any PC can. You take protective measures and keep your eyes open; that's the best you can do.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to both of you for your helpful insights.

Thanks
    If you have Microsoft One Note, you can "Save to One Note". From within One Note, you can then save or print as a .PDF, or Word .doc/.dox file.

Alternatively, you could try Gadwin PrintScreen. (It works fine in Windows 10 and earlier)

See here: http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

If you reduce the size of your mail page view (Hopefully, "Control" and scroll wheel on your mouse will do this for you), you should be able to then enclose the entire reduced mail view and capture it. Then save in your chosen format: jpeg, tiff etc)
    Last edited by petesmst; 2016-03-21 at 07:04. Reason: Inserted quotation marks
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast