Thanks

Backing up Restore points

It appears (Google) that restore points are stored in the System Volume Information folder. Could I then back up that folder and be creating a backup of System Restore points? UNderstanding the "dangers" of this approach, at least one would have access to the files if they really needed them.

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    NO.

Joe

Thanks
    Well OK then. Windows ought to make it so at least they don't disappear or are deleted.

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    The only TrueBlue OS backup is: OS partition full image backup; Macrium Reflect or Acronis True Image are just two of many free and fee programs available.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    @CWBillow: I am intrigued by your question. Why would you want to back up Restore Points? I would imagine keeping full system backups would be more efficient?
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.