3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office/Outlook 2010 deterioration

I use Office 2010, including Outlook 2010, on my various Win 7 and Win 10 pcs. At this time there are two issues:
    - The Office suite on the Win 7 desktop "works" but there are anomalies. I've seen some "repair" offerings in the "Programs and Features" on some systems, but not this pc. Is there a "repair" option available somewhere?
    - Outlook in particular is testy. I have to "repair" the .pst file fairly often (a retest immediately after repair always shows NO errors).
    - My Samsung Galaxy S6 no longer syncs with the Outlook calendar or contacts.

Any suggestions as to how to improve this situation?

Thanks.

globalist

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    See Repair Microsoft Office 2010.

Why do you repair your pst file regularly? What are the specific Outlook problems?

What sync software do you use?

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When Outlook behaves questionable, I apply scanpst and it cleans up lots of unknown problems. Reapplying scanpst finds nothing - clean bill of health - but in a few weeks I need it again.

To sync my Samsung S6 with Outlook I used the SmartSwitch app that Samsung supplies. With my former S4 and Samsung's earlier utility, sync went very well. With the new combination, my Outlook Contacts files became very messed up (would take me a week to fix them) and the calendar only synced in one direction (pc to S6). Now it does not sync at all - just gives me an error message for both Contacts and Calendar, when I run SmartSwitch.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Please be more specific about Outlook acting questionably.

Do you have the latest version of SmartSwitch? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both the PC & S6?

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Since the above messages I:
    - ran repair on Office 2010,
    - reran scanpst on the Outlook data file, and
    - installed an updated SmartSwitch, which arrived yesterday (great coincidence).

Since then the system runs slower, but it runs. Also, I was able to update my S6, although it gave an error message at the end. My S6 calendar includes multiple repeated identical entries in some days, especially where there is a recurring calendar item such as a birthday notice. My Outlook file includes multiple identical e-mail addresses (among the three in Outlook 2010), the addresses are duplicated in a mess that Outlook cannot recognize (but which I can straighten out when I need access to the address), etc. - but these are NOT new. I need further testing to see whether repair of some Contact files will be re-corrupted. I also want to see if the .pst files continue to be corrupted after the Office repair.

But having the sync back, as questionable as it is, is a big step forward!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

globalist