2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

Hi

In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research?

Thanks

Bye

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Hi Not exactly sure what your asking. I'm sure you know how to right click on the Task bar and change your options. Hope this helps!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by satrow; 2016-03-18 at 22:20.

Thanks
    Cross-posted on Technet and tenforums.

WSL Rule 14: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/faq...n#crossposting
    14. Avoid cross-posting into more than one forum or community
    Cross-posting is the posting of the same or nearly the same question on more than one forum or community (for example, posting the same question in both the Database forum and the Spreadsheets forum or posting in the Windows Secrets Lounge and Microsoft Answers Community). To avoid this, choose the one forum or community that is the most appropriate and post your message there. Most members watch for new threads in several forums and communities.

We strongly discourage posting questions in more than one community. If you must post a question in more than one community please observe the tips in the "How to Post and When to Cross-Post" section at A message to cross posters. Cross posting to multiple communities without appropriate links will be grounds for temporary suspension of privileges. Repeated offenses will be grounds for a permanent ban.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    You have been warned multiple times about cross-posting and have had a prior suspension for it. If you persist in cross-posting and do not follow our rules you will be permanently banned. This is your final warning.

If this thread had not already been started it would be the cause for a permanent ban.

Joe

Thanks
    I know rules are rules, and Administrators should enforce them, but when people cross post, and I read them in other forums, I also read the replies, and many times I can cobble together an answer to my problem from those replies in various forums. This is something I would not be able to do if the person had not cross posted. So, there is benefit to cross posting. Just my opinion.

Thanks
    The time wasting would be much reduced if the following (linked already in my earlier quote) was followed:

Find one forum and stick with it, preferably a very busy one so you reach a bigger audience. If you don't get a satisfactory answer in a reasonable amount of time (days, not hours), then:

Post in another applicable forum with your issue (1 or 2 other forums, not 20!).
    Include a link to your original post (see below).
    Make it very obvious that you have not got an answer to your question and are looking for more experts.
    Ask people to post their replies in the original forum.
    When it is solved, go back and mark it as such in all forums so that we're not chasing solved issues.
    With links given, you'd not need to search so much, less time wasted.