New Lounger
    Thanks

R Click 'Send To' For E-Mail

When the contents of a folder are displayed, I used to be able to right click on a file name, select 'Send To' from the context menu, and then select an entry (can't recall what it was called) to send the file to my e-mail program (Eudora). Eudora (which I always keep open) would pop up, a new message was automatically started, and the file name was in the 'Attached' row in the message header. Everything was grand.

Naturally, then, I tried to "make things better". I think I was trying to change the description associated with that 'Send To' (it was probably something awful like "Mail recipient.MAPIMail") and, as a consequence, I've lost this functionality. Now, to e-mail a file, I have to first switch to Eudora, start a new message, then click on the Attachments button and navigate over to the file I wan to send.

Could someone please advise me as to what type of an entry I need in the "Cocuments and Settings[username]SendTo" folder to get this to work properly? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Re: R Click 'Send To' For E-Mail

Try:
    Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types
    Find the MapiMail Entry (as attached pic) click change and find Eudora
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (2.5 KB, 1 views)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

(Edited by Leif to make link live - see the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=lounge&Number=98472&page=0& view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&vc=1>quick guide</A>)

Hi, I think I know the program you want. It came out a long time ago. Used it with W95 and up. It is called
    Sendtox (Send to X). You can look at it here. I am using it on Win98, WinME and W2k.
    Visit this site: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mindspring.com/~davleib/sendtox.html>http://www.mindspring.com/~davleib/sendtox.html</A>
    Tim

New Lounger
    Thanks

My entry already said it was pointing to Eudora; however a Restore button was displayed, and when I tried that it did the trick. Interestingly, though, now when the new Eudora message pops up, the file name appears both in the "Attached" row in the header and also in the (blank) message text area. Previously, the file name had only appeared on the "Attached" line. This is still much better than before, though.

Many thanks!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip! I'll have a look at this...