New Lounger
    Thanks

OS Deletes Old Restore Points Prematurely

Hi all:

I have documented the following phenomenon on my Win 10 PC, but will simply post the question for now.

Specifically, I have of my system drive (232 GB) reserved for restore points. Yet the OS deletes old restore points when only 11 or so GB of disk space are being used. On my system, this means that about 14 to 15 restore points are retained at any one time. All older ones are removed. This, despite the fact that I have reserved almost 20 times the disk space being utilized.

Any one else experiencing this or something similar?

Thanks in advance.

Duncan

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I checked to see how this was setup on my (relatively) new Win10 computer and was surprised to find that it is turned off by default. I'm not sure why this is or why the setting is somewhat hard to find.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Thanks
    On 8/4/2015 when I originally upgraded W7 to W10 build 10240, System restore was turned off by the W10 upgrade so I had to find it and turn it ( and all the settings ) on.
    When I used the MCT to install the W10 ver 1511 build 10586.71 update, system restore was still on but all previous restore points were gone and it started anew.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lumpy95 View Post
    When I used the MCT to install the W10 ver 1511 build 10586.71 update, system restore was still on but all previous restore points were gone and it started anew.
    Yes. That's been commented on before and it does seem strange, but version upgrades wipe prior restore points.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)