Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Help? Calculating CAGR & my Spreadsheet blew up! ;-)

    Calling all gurus!!

    I was calculating CAGR for a value in my portfolio spreadsheet and was getting a #Num error for that particular cell (everything else was working fine).

    I did a quick Google search and a consensus suggested I tweak the iteration settings. (File - Options - Formulas, in Excel 2016)
    So I enabled iterative calculation and tweaked the Maximum iterations and Maximum change values.

    Not only did it NOT fix my error, now a large number of cells are giving me #Value errors. (I suspect a webservice lookup is failing.)
    Of course, I didn't write down what the original settings were for iterations & max change so I can't get back to where I was before I screwed it up.

    Can someone look at their default settings and let me know what they are? (Or offer a better fix?)

  2. #2
    WS Lounge VIP Browni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale, UK
    Posts
    1,650
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 161 Times in 139 Posts
    The settings here are maximum iterations 100 and maximum change 0.001

    hth

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Browni For This Useful Post:

    DougR (2016-03-23)

  4. #3
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks a bunch! I played with it a little more and it began behaving properly.
    I'll reset those parameters back to their original values just to prevent weird behavior in the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •