New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Checking Windows 10 compatibility with my current Windows 7 setup?

This has probably been covered before, but I can't readily find a post. I have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer. I've thought about upgrading to Windows 10 "in place," rather than buy an new computer with Win 10 preloaded and have to move files. However, I am concerned about the compatibility of some of my older software. For example, I'm running Visoo 2003, with no problems, because upgrading is so expensive. I know how to check for Win 10 drivers for some of my peripherals. I've had to bite the bullet in the past with scanners and printers without drivers for the latest version of Windows and buy new hardware. BTW, processor is Intel 3.40 GHz. with 4 GB RAM, 450 GB hard drive.

Is there any easy way to check software compatibility without actually trying to start the Win 10 upgrade?

Also, any advice about whether this is a wise choice?

Thanks!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Microsoft recommends using the Windows 8.1 Upgrade Assistant.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...oad-online-faq

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    You will probably be told that any Office 2003 product is not supported but there are Loungers who run Office 2003 successfully on Win10.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, so far. Still doesn't give me the warm fuzzies for upgrading in place. Not an easy decision to make! (In my book, Microsoft stopped enhancing my user experience with XP and Office 2003.)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by w7340 View Post
    Thanks, so far. Still doesn't give me the warm fuzzies for upgrading in place. Not an easy decision to make! (In my book, Microsoft stopped enhancing my user experience with XP and Office 2003.)
    Be sure to make a complete drive image before you attempt the upgrade.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows