New Lounger
    Thanks

Tracking Cookie: ATDMT

Hi, I am running windows 10 with a AVG Internet Security. AVG continues to find the cookie (ATDMT) every time I run it. I have tried to delete the cookie in registry, but it keeps coming back. I would like to block this cookie all the time, but Microsoft Edge will not allow the individual blocking of cookies like IE did. Any suggestions to remove this persistent cookie. I have read (somewhere) that this cookie might actually be connected to MSFT (messenger?) Anyway, the cookie continues to annoy. I have used CCCleaner of course, but cannot see a way in AVG to block it either. Suggestions to block this cookie? I am hoping MSFT will increase user control over cookies, but not holding my breath. Bill

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's an advertising cookie. Not sure why AVG is flagging it. And I'm not sure you can block it, specifically, unless you block all cookies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atdmt
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, I am aware that it is a tracking cookie, but think users should have better control of cookies. Internet Explore allowed one to specifically block individual cookies, even advertising ones. Some cookies, even advertising ones can, in theory, introduce negatives. I just want to remove this one, because it appears to be an embedded element. Removing it from the registry is not effective. Thanks again, anyway.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried blocking 3rd Party Cookies in Edge?
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Thanks
    It can be blocked by the MVPS Hosts file

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm