2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Blu Ray Problems

A few months ago I added a Blu Ray DVD and burner to my computer. The Blu Ray movies were great for several months. Then I began having problems. So, I took that one out and bought a new one. It might work one time but not the next. The allowed time to return it had run out, so I bought another one. It worked the first time and second, but no longer will play a Blu Ray DVD. I've tried updating the driver, updating the firmware, and reinstalling my DVD player which is CyberlinkDVD 15. The Blu Ray would start but when it came to the movie, freeze. Nero did the same thing. Sometimes it would freeze Windows Pro 10 and I'd have to turn the computer off and restart it. I've run Windows Troubleshooter and it will usually fix something, but if the Blu Ray movie works, there is no sound. At some point the movie may also freeze. I have no problem with DVDs that aren't Blu Ray. Also, I can take the movie and play it on my TV from the attached Blu Ray player with no problem. I've Googled to see if I can find the problem, but those which I've tried haven't helped. I was going to order an external Blu Ray player that will work with USB 2 or 3, but thought I'd seek help here before spending over $100. Any suggestions? BTW, I have a second Blu Ray player without the burner, but it will not work either.

Thanks
    Don't buy any more BluRay players, it just might be the software. I've had my Cyberlink PowerDVD refuse to play things. In fact, on one laptop, my entire video/audio combine is out of order. I'm going to listen in, right along with you, and try whatever software solutions others come up with.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am thinking of going back to CyberlinkDVD 14. I believe my Blu Ray movies worked then. I'm not 100% sure of that and will have to test it, since Nero's software will not play the same movies either. If 14 does work, I'll let you know.

Thanks
    I was going to order an external Blu Ray player that will work with USB 2 or 3, but thought I'd seek help here before spending over $100. Any suggestions? BTW, I have a second Blu Ray player without the burner, but it will not work either.
    I agree with Roland, take a closer look into your software before throwing more money away.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, fellows, I reinstalled Cyberlink 13, then reinstalled 14. I was using the movie Avatar to see if it would run. I did but would stop then start. I went to Troubleshooting and let it run. It told me it had fixed something and I needed to restart my computer. When I did, both the movie and sound worked. I'm not sure what Windows 10 Pro fixed though. It still works this morning!

Thanks
    I've heard a lot about buggy Blue-Ray software.
    If it holds up, great, if not I'd go looking for another app to run it. Do some research before you buy though.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.