Lounger
    Thanks

Win 10 Jump Lists

I use jump lists extensively. They save me a lot of keystrokes! Earlier, I created File Explorer jump lists for folders I frequently accessed. Some months later I had corrupted Win 10 and to solve the problem was only able to carry out a Reset to re-install Win 10 with the option to retain my personal files. Other than having to re-install my programs, the Reset was very quick and solved my problem(s). Now I cannot create a jump list of my favorite folders in File Explorer (jump lists for other taskbar items were easily re-created.) I assume that the updated Win 10 no longer supports File Explorer jump lists other than those "baked in". Has anyone else experienced this with a fully updated Win 10? Perhaps I've missed something in trying to create File Explorer jump lists.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    How are you trying to do this? All I do is open file explorer, navigate so I can select the folder I want to pin, select a folder and drag it to the task bar.

Joe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Don,

FWIW, I created my own shortcut to File Explorer that would open directly into Documents. This shortcut does NOT accumulate a Jump List.
    Custom FE SC.PNG

That said, I tried Joe's method and drug down a folder from my Quick Access list to the Task Bar and that shortcut has a list of all the items in my Quick Access list in it's Jump List.
    DandD FE SC.PNG

Further testing shows that the Jump List is not accumulating recent locations only those in the Quick Access List.

HTH
    Last edited by RetiredGeek; 2016-03-31 at 17:10.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Lounger
    Thanks
    Your testing agrees with my experience on the File Explorer jump list. TA DA!! Add the desired folder to Quick Access! Just navigate to the folder of interest, don't open it but right click it and choose 'Pin to Quick Access'. No more sleepless nights!

don332