Lounger
    Thanks

Can't get all computers on the same network

Windows 7, home premium. Have three computers (all Win 7). Main one is on Net 2, others are on net 6. Tried IP release and restore but they came back on the same network (6). Want to get all on a HOME network but so far no luck. Need some suggestions. All are hard wired to the same router. Would like to get them all on Net 2 and on a HOME network.

Art

Thanks
    I would eliminate everything you currently have set up (net 2, net 6, etc). I would then set up a home group on one of the computers (you could call the home group HOME if you like). Share whichever drives, printers, etc., that you like. Then join the home group from the other computers. On each of the other computers, share whichever drives, printers, etc., that you like.

Once you have set up all of the computers, including sharing the resources you want on each one, you can then go to each computer and set up access to each of the shared resources. For example, on each computer, drive J: would be the hard drive in computer 1, drive K: would be the hard drive in computer 2, etc. You could then go to each computer and add the printers which are connected to each of the other computers, thereby making each of the printers accessible from each of the computers.

Was there a reason that you have Net 2, Net 6, etc? Or was this inadvertent?
    Last edited by mrjimphelps; 2016-04-05 at 03:04.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimphelps For This Useful Post:

artov10 (2016-04-07)

Lounger
    Thanks
    I'll give your suggestion a try. Not really sure why I ended up with two nets - sure didn't try to!!

Art

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If all computers are connected to the same router then the network names may be spurious and not causing any issues. What problems do you have?

cheers, Paul

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

artov10 (2016-04-07)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried the suggestion from mrjimphelps. When I re-enabled the nets, they all came back as they were before. However, I was able to get all of them on a HOME net and that was what I was trying to do. Guess what Paul says - names don't really make a difference. Thanks to both of you

Art

Thanks
    Glad you got it resolved. Sometimes things happen which we don't understand, but as long as everything is working the way you want, that's all that matters.