iNET Interactive
    Thanks

MS Build 2016: Whatís coming in Windows 10

Briefing Session

MS Build 2016: Whatís coming in Windows 10

By Richard Hay

During its annual Build developers conference in San Francisco, Microsoft revealed details about the next major upgrade of Windows 10.

That update, previously called Redstone 1, will be called the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Appropriately, its expected release date is July.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/briefing-session/ms-build-2016-whats-coming-in-windows-10 (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I got something in my email yesterday saying there was going to be a major build update released on the anniversary of the initial launch. It was a survey from Microsoft about tweaks they are considering for the start menu, they have changes in mind, things like displaying all apps rather than the link to the apps, hiding things like the settings and others under a three line menu such as Google, and others use. I completed the survey! And hope others weigh in too, much of what they propose seems to be change for change's sake, like most places they like to fix things that aren't broken - which annoys me, but justifies a "new" release of software and a renewal fee as well in many instances.

I found what I got, it was from CNET, this is a link to their article and there is a link there to the Microsoft Survey. http://www.cnet.com/news/miscosoft-tweaks-start-menu-for-the-windows-10-anniversary-update/
    Last edited by genej313; 2016-04-07 at 10:15.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, Microsoft is fixing and enhancing peripheral functionality in Windows-10. However, until they fix a few remaining fundamental flaws, i.e., UI and mandatory updates; Windows-10 has to be considered unfinished (flawed?). Until they are fixed, Windows-7 will continue to remain a major player.