Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe Flash Player 21.0.0.213 won't install

Anyone else having problems getting Adobe Flash Player 21.0.0.213 to install?

It won't complete installation into the latest Firefox nor MSIE on any of my Windows PCs. It stops and tells me it cannot install.

I'm running Win7 Home Premium SP1 on all PCs. Tried with anti-virus disabled (never had to do that before), made no difference.

Googling reveals a smattering of posts with people having problems with this update . . .

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    On my last two updates in Win 7, reliability history records first an unsuccessful install of FP and then a successful one even though in both cases the installs appeared to proceed normally.

When you have problems installing FP, it's advocated that you completely uninstall the current version first using the FP uninstaller, but you could try the install in Safe Mode with Networking should it be something else on your computer that is blocking it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player...r-windows.html

Thanks
    After seeing your post, I installed Flash 21.0.0.213. I had Palemoon, firefox and Thunderbird running.

After the new install, each reported running the old version 21.0.0.197, even after program close restart.

So I rebooted and they all showed version 21.0.0.213 was running normally. It looks like some file was locked and the reboot allowed it to be removed.