Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Excel appointment calendar AND contact system

Before I write something myself, I'm wondering if anyone has a very good (also FREE) Excel-based appointment calendar application and client/prospect tracking app that I might investigate.

Both would be maintained in a password-protected section of their server and be unique to each user.

Maybe this is NOT an Excel-appropriate solution...so, I'm open for ideas.
    Last edited by kweaver; 2016-04-08 at 18:49.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    *facepalm*

Why on Earth would you even consider doing this in Excel? That seems to me like a totally inappropriate technology choice. Reminds my of my friend who had a client, who insisted upon using a spreadsheet as a word processor. Which it can do... but not well.

Since you have specified free I have no suggestions. Several commercial products come to mind but they do not meet the free requirement.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, BHarder...I'd appreciate knowing the commercial products. The company might pay for software.

The company is just used to doing a number of reporting apps in Excel, so they thought Excel might be the way to go.

I suspect if done that way, SharePoint is the process, but not sure.

Open for suggestions. Thanks.

Thanks
    IMHO, if I were to develop a calendar application, Excel would be my first choice. With the vast array of built-in functions, active X controls, and visual basic capabilities, Excel is one of the most versatile applications available.

Maud