New Lounger
    Thanks

How do I open/upload a MIG file from an external-drive with Microsoft 10?

MIG file: How to I open/upload with Microsoft 10?

Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with a MIG file. Could you be more specific?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with a MIG file. Could you be more specific?
    Sure! The MIG file was created to gather files from XP (I think) into the Windows 7 upgrade.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    Nothing is easy! The "scan registry" is deemed unsafe to download. Research continues!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Geez... I wish there was one forum for all answers... What a wonderful world it would be! Unfortunately there is not. Most frustrating... None have a solution.

So if you-all have a "secretes" solution... Please share!

14. Avoid cross-posting into more than one forum or community
    Cross-posting is the posting of the same or nearly the same question on more than one forum or community (for example, posting the same question in both the Database forum and the Spreadsheets forum or posting in the Windows Secrets Lounge and Microsoft Answers Community). To avoid this, choose the one forum or community that is the most appropriate and post your message there. Most members watch for new threads in several forums and communities.
    We strongly discourage posting questions in more than one community. If you must post a question in more than one community please observe the tips in the "How to Post and When to Cross-Post" section at A message to cross posters. Cross posting to multiple communities without appropriate links will be grounds for temporary suspension of privileges. Repeated offenses will be grounds for a permanent ban.

Thanks
    Windows Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10

If you have access to a Windows 7 PC, you might use that as a catalyst to get the files themselves. If your Windows 10 has been upgraded from Windows 7, you might be able to revert to Windows 7, retrieve the files/settings through Easy Transfer, then upgrade again to Windows 10.

And that may not work on a 64bit PC. Windows Easy Transfer was for 32bit XP to 32bit Vista/Windows 7. I have no idea how it might react to a 64bit PC.

In the future, use appropriate links instead of cross-posting.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'll be posting updates here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...4087105&auth=1

Any additional help would still be appreciated!