Thread: Windows 10 mail

New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 mail

I cannot get Windows 10 mail to operate correctly. When it says "add account", I get an error 80040154. I checked in the Microsoft forums but could find no answer. I already have an Outlook.com account, but this error code persists.

Thanks
    Have you tried running sfc /scannow?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    Have you tried running sfc /scannow?
    Thanks for the response

I did use sfc AND I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it made no difference. I can run Outlook 2016 just fine but it's the Windows 10 mail client is not working.

Thanks
    This link suggests creating a new user account.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows