Lounger
    Thanks

wrong net connection name

Just did a clean install of win 10 ver 1511 build 10586.104 onto my Asus Laptop. Been running tech preview on it with a different internal hard drive and it worked well. But the new install is on a SSD.

My other computers all are connected to my modem, wired, using network name AB-network. The laptop is using a generic named "network connection". Why did it not find the connection called AB-network like the other computers found and are using?
    I can get to my other computers ok using user accounts, not homegroup. But on the laptop I cannot find printers which are attached to the other computers. Don't know if that has to do with a different connection name?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Fred

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is the Ethernet or Wifi driver installed?

Wifi or Ethernet connection?

You are trying to connect through Windows or laptop app?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Some of my computers' network behaviors changed along about the time they received the cumulative update to version 1511 build 10586.164 (or so I seem to recall).
    Perhaps your computer will receive it soon(?).

Lounger
    Thanks
    I dunno what is going on. I played with this all day Sunday and the wired connection kept going to a connection named "network connection". Connected to internet and to other computers which were connected to a connection called AB-network, the network name my router uses. The wireless connected to the AB-network just fine.

Today I plugged in the cat 5 cable to the laptop and it connected to AB-network just fine.

Maybe Win 10 was off duty yesterday, it was Sunday and the Master's was on TV.

Thanks for your help.

Fred