Thanks

Microsoft's 'blue screen of death' is getting more descriptive with QR codes

This has only shown up in the insider program but looks like a welcome site to anyone getting a BSOD ( if MS actually follows up on it ).
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/30546...tml#tk.rss_all

The Windows Blue Screen of Death isn't known for being particularly descriptive, but Microsoft may be looking to change that in a future version of Windows 10.

A Reddit user posted a picture last week that shows a new version of the dreaded blue screen, one with a QR code and a link where users can get more information about the error that caused their computer to crash.

Right now, the code and the link take users to a webpage that discusses generic fixes for errors that might cause a crash. In the future, though, Microsoft could provide a QR code that leads to more specific information about what caused the computer freeze up.

Thanks
    I checked whether the article was written on 1st April, but to my surprise it wasn't!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    I checked whether the article was written on 1st April, but to my surprise it wasn't!
    LOL, I know what you mean. Hard to believe that they might actually do something like that.

Thanks
    It's the last para that I wonder about

Right now, the code and the link take users to a webpage that discusses generic fixes for errors that might cause a crash. In the future, though, Microsoft could provide a QR code that leads to more specific information about what caused the computer freeze up.
    It looks to me like speculation by the journo rather than something by MS themselves. Maybe they will, maybe thy won't.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    It's the last para that I wonder about

It looks to me like speculation by the journo rather than something by MS themselves. Maybe they will, maybe thy won't.
    Yup, that's exactly what it is, speculation. No one knows if MS will follow through with it. They are obviously experimenting with it but who knows if it will make it into a regularly released build.