Thanks

Opera v36.0 Build 2130.65 and update

get the browser from major geeks or from Opera's site. also, can get it from FileHorse:
    http://www.filehorse.com/download-opera/

You can now get the update, too either via the browser or from Opera here:
    http://www.opera.com/computer

Thanks
    I came across a huge issue (for me at least). v36 (and I assume all others of the "new" Opera) cannot export bookmarks and bookmarks cannot be imported using Chrome or Firefox and therefore you're stuck with them in the Opera browser.

Well, I managed to get around the whole import/export thing by using Vivaldi, the new browser. This was able to import Opera all bookmarks, (exactly how they are arranged in Opera) and then export them in a HTML file for import into another browser.

hope it helps others.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm now using Opera v37 for casual browsing (although I have used Vivaldi at times). I've not had any problem with bookmarks because IE will still import them from Opera, and vice versa. I don't often use Chrome but the last time I had it installed it imported bookmarks from IE without difficulty.
    I haven't bothered importing any bookmarks to or from Vivaldi, yet.
    Last edited by RockE; 2016-05-11 at 11:05. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RockE View Post
    I'm now using Opera v37 for casual browsing (although I have used Vivaldi at times). I've not had any problem with bookmarks because IE will still import them form Opera, and vice versa. I don't often use Chrome but the last time I had it installed it imported bookmarks from IE without difficulty.
    I haven't bothered importing any bookmarks to or from Vivaldi, yet.
    thanks, the latest version obviously holds the answer. and im looking into that now
    another point on importing bookmarks ive noticed in vivaldi imo, was it doesn't import any bookmarks from Edge. but it wasnt an issue, as I didn't have many and just copied the links and saved them in vivaldi, problem solved.