Lounger
    Thanks

Times New Roman changing to TimesNewRoman (Word 2010)

Hi folks,

One of my users has a document in which some of the text is being changed from Times New Roman font to TimesNewRoman (no spaces). When this happens the affected text looks similar to Courier. When opened on other user's machines the text looks fine. Anyone know what's causing this and if there's a fix?

Google search has failed me.

Thanks,

Beej

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsjustBeej View Post
    Hi folks,

One of my users has a document in which some of the text is being changed from Times New Roman font to TimesNewRoman (no spaces). When this happens the affected text looks similar to Courier. When opened on other user's machines the text looks fine. Anyone know what's causing this and if there's a fix?

Google search has failed me.

Thanks,

Beej
    Have you checked Control Panel, Fonts to see if you have both versions installed? A change from Windows 3.x to Windows 95 was better control/use of installed Fonts, programs take the available Fonts from that Fonts Folder. Some programs can use Fonts that are locatable on a drive/disc without having to actually be installed but usually closing the program and rebooting the computer removes the automatic use [removes from memory], have to locate the Font again.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I looked for the one without spaces and it's not installed. But that's not the root cause, since the other users don't have it either and it's not doing this on their machines.

Thanks
    Install the Font on the machine where it is a problem.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin