5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macrium Reflect Free - Change in program capabilities

At some point in the past few months, during a discussion of Macrium Reflect, I posted that the free version could do a file and folder backup. I believe I said at the time that this was a change from older versions. Well, it would appear that this capability has once again been removed from the free version. My guess is that it somehow slipped into the free version in the first place since I'm not sure Macrium ever officially supported this in the free version.

I own a copy that I use on one computer and have the free version on another. Unfortunately, it's the second computer where there is rare need to do a file and folder backup. Time to decide if I want to pop for another $70 license for the second computer.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gsmith-plm For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2016-04-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    Graham,

Here's the Features Comparison Chart from the Macrium site.

Since you already own a license you might want to contact them and see if they will let you upgrade to the 4 Pack since it is the same price as 2 individual copies for the $70. Can't hurt to ask!

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am aware that the features comparison makes it clear that File/Folder copy is not available in the free version. However, for a while it was, even though it's never been listed as a feature. That may have been done by mistake. My only reason for posting is so that others, who may be in the same boat, would know that it's gone again.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    We may have to recommend an alternative.

cheers, Paul

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You could always uninstall the license from the server for the current paid version and move it to the PC that needs the file/folder copy and install free on the PC that does not.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascist Nation View Post
    You could always uninstall the license from the server for the current paid version and move it to the PC that needs the file/folder copy and install free on the PC that does not.
    The main PC it's installed on is the one that really needs file and folder backup. I just ran across this by accident the other day. It's like I said, I'm really not in need of an immediate solution. It's just that I had previously told people (here and elsewhere) that the free version would do it (which it did at that time) and now it doesn't.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware