5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Have any of you experienced a corrupted hibernate issue when turning computer back on?

I've noticed this a few times now. I decided to disable hibernate (which deletes hiberfil.sys as I understand it), reboot and re-enable hibernate to see if this keeps the crash from happening. Note, after crash, upon reboot, all's well, but still, I don't like it (use hibernate often for quicker boot).

Thanks
    I crashed my hibernate by having Windows XP Mode [Virtual Machine] active
    Normally, I don't have a problem with hibernate. I had to boot externally and delete the corrupt hiberFile, restart.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    On my Custom computers running Win7, Win8/8.1 and Win10 the Hibernate and Sleep seldom worked properly [had to reboot] so I just turned them Off in Power Options.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Virtualbox but I usually always keep it active. I've started to put it in save mode and close before hibernating now. Still, I've left it running and my PC woke up from hybernate normally (but it would most of the time before). Very strange behavior, but so far, since doing what I did, I've not seen a crash. Will see if things are still stable after a week. Hope it's not one of those memory leak issues cause the hibernate file to get so big that it gets corrupted. lol

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, it happened again. Something weird for sure. When it does happen, it does so right before it transitions from the old DOS look to the login GUI. I've tried to run the full checkdsk (not the base Win10 one) but it would never complete for some reason. Hope my HD isn't going bad. Oh well; going to live with this one for now. Need to start closing things down before hibernating (sort of defeats the purpose of hibernating but not completely since at least my desktop will be up).

Thanks
    lyle jk, I only recommended closing any VM operations, the other normal stuff can be hibernated without problems.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes; baasically I'm saving the state of my VM (equivalent to hibernate for my VM) and then putting my system into hibernate. If it still eventually crashes, at least my VM will recover without it crashing as well.

Thanks
    ya know, that's what I do too -- my Windows XP Mode is closed via hibernation. Then, I hibernate the remaining Windows 7 session. Thanks for the reminder!