Thanks

One Drive Storage Allocation

It has been reported in various places that Microsoft is reducing the OneDrive storage allocation from 15GB to 5GB.

This is (apparently) not entirely true.

I received the following e-mail from Microsoft today:

" Important changes to OneDrive

As you know, the amount of storage that comes with most OneDrive accounts is changing from 15 GB to 5 GB. You previously confirmed your desire to keep your 15 GB of free storage (and the 15 GB camera roll bonus if you have it).* As a result, your account will not be affected by these changes.
    We want to apologize for any inconvenience these changes may have caused you. We listened to our users’ feedback, and we are committed to making OneDrive the best option for people who want to be productive and do more.
    Thank you for using OneDrive.
    – The OneDrive Team

* This opt-in offer ended on January 31, 2016.

These updates apply to your personal OneDrive account only. If you have a OneDrive account through your work or school, it will not be affected.

You’re receiving this email to notify you of an important change to OneDrive.

Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
    "
    (My Setup: Custom built: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 10 Pro (64 bit) - (UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 980 4GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2015 Premium, NIS 2016, VMWare Workstation12 Pro, etc). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    The reduction will occur for those that didn't explicitly chose to confirm the willingness to be grandfathered on the amount they had, through the opt-in. There will also be a one year free Office Personal subscription for anyone who is using more than 5 GB.
    Rui
    -------
    R4