New Lounger
    Thanks

Viewing Formulae (Excel 2002)

I notice that the spreadsheet in StarOffice 6 has a function =FORMULA( ). Basically, it displays the formula in the cell designated in the parameters. I have often wanted to do this in Excel. Is there a way to do it, other than just turning on the View Formulas command in Options?

Viewing all the formulae in a spreadsheet is overkill. I'd just like to display the formulae in certain cells (and display them in cells other than the target cells).

Any advice? TIA

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Viewing Formulae (Excel 2002)

The following user defined function will return the formula in a cell that is passed to it. If Excel does not see the entry as a formula it is preceeded by the expression Value : <pre>Function ShowFormula(rng As Range)
    If rng.HasFormula Then
    ShowFormula = rng.Formula
    Else
    ShowFormula = "Value : " & rng.Text
    End If
    End Function</pre>

To show the formula in A1 you would use =ShowFormula(A1).

Andrew C

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Viewing Formulae (Excel 2002)

Robert

There was also a thread on <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=xl&Number=104496&Search =true&Forum=xl&Words=Comment&Match=And&Searchpage= 0&Limit=10&Old=allposts&Main=104496> copying formula to a comment </A> which might help. It was just a week or so ago. I thought it was pretty neat, which is why I remembered it.

Fred