Lounger
    Thanks

Is There a Clipboard on Windows 10 Home Premium?

Cannot find one on Windows 10. Is there one? If so, how do you find it and get it set up on Win Home Premium?

Thanks
    Yes, there's a clipboard... but it doesn't have a GUI that you can call up as a Windows app. For example, if you press the PrtScrn key then a screenshot will be saved to the clipboard (which you can paste into Paint, etc.).

I think you may be thinking of the old Windows Clipboard Manager, which doesn't exist in Windows 10. However, there are alternative Clipboard Managers available, many of them free. Have a look at Best Free Clipboard Managers for Windows, for example.

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2016-04-24 at 15:13. Reason: corrected typo

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, Rick, and thanks for your quick response! I'll check into the free clipboard managers -- and the PrtScrn route.

Will get back to you in a few days and let you know what I set up.

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks
    If you want to use the clipboard to save a screenshot (e.g. using PrtScrn) then Windows 10 has a Snipping Tool, just like Windows 7.

In the Search box to the right of the Windows 10 Start button, just type snip and the Snipping Tool should appear as a Best Match.

snipping-tool.png
    Click to enlarge

Alternatively, click on Start > All apps > Windows Accessories > Snipping Tool.

snipping-tool1.png
    Click to enlarge

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2016-04-23 at 13:25.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, Rick.
    I tried all your suggestions and they all look good. Decided against the free clipboard managers, but for our limited use I think the other two will suit us fine.
    By the way, I saw your response to another post regarding the Avast SafeZone browser. We use the Avast free and just noticed the SafeZone icon popped up on my desktop computer and my wife's laptop in the last few days. Maybe we should consider another A/V software and not take Avast's 75% offer that popped up today!
    Thanks again, Rick, for your replies to my questions.
    Scotirish 4/24/16