New Lounger
    Thanks

OL2000 truncates HTML mail (OL2000)

Here's the situation: Running OL2000 in CW mode with an Exch. 5.5 SP4 server... On clients running Win98 or Win2k with OL2000 (no SP, SP1 or SP2 doesn't seem to matter) with Internet Explorer 6 installed... HTML messages are frequently severely truncated on the client... Long messages are cut off in the middle, or sometimes the quoted part of a reply or forward is cut off... Can't find any clue as to a specific length or size where the message abruptly stops displaying, but I've never seen it stop in the middle of a word.

Opening the same message on a Outlook XP client displays the entire (non-truncated) message as one would expect...

The kicker: Say the original message is 24K... The message view is truncated on the OL2k client... The OL2k client replies or forwards the message... The new reply/forward is now 5k and is truncated just as it is in the view of the OL2k client no matter who receives it (the message is actually truncated now, not just the view)....

Help?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OL2000 truncates HTML mail (OL2000)

I have the same problem. Microsoft said it has something to do with Exchange & my Internet provider. I have a work around. Make sure Word is your e-mail editor in Outlook 2000. When you open the truncated message click the reply button and everything will display correctly.

Thanks

Re: OL2000 truncates HTML mail (OL2000)

Tried this? <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=out&Number=96524>Re: Truncated HTML message display (Outlook 2000 SR1)</A>