New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 10 AstellKern Music Player not recognized via USB

Just bought an AstellKern music player which requires connecting to a usb port to move music onto the internal hardrive of the device. It also has a micro SD card for additional storage. Each time I plug it in, Win 10 sends me a message that the usb device just plugged in is not recognized. This is with my dell desktop. I tried the same thing with a Lenovo laptop running Win 10 with the same result. I was able to move music onto the micro SD card, and all my other USB ports are properly supporting peripherals. I've tried all the different ports, rebooting, looking in disc management (where it is not shown). The manual is not helpful and customer support has not returned my calls. The manual does say you must use a usb 2.0 port, which I have done, but still no joy. Any thoughts?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky16 View Post
    Just bought an AstellKern music player which requires connecting to a usb port to move music onto the internal hardrive of the device. It also has a micro SD card for additional storage. Each time I plug it in, Win 10 sends me a message that the usb device just plugged in is not recognized. This is with my dell desktop. I tried the same thing with a Lenovo laptop running Win 10 with the same result. I was able to move music onto the micro SD card, and all my other USB ports are properly supporting peripherals. I've tried all the different ports, rebooting, looking in disc management (where it is not shown). The manual is not helpful and customer support has not returned my calls. The manual does say you must use a usb 2.0 port, which I have done, but still no joy. Any thoughts?
    Have you tried a Self-Powered USB 2.0 Hub to assure the device is getting enough power? I'm not a big fan of the port-powered hubs except for portability [save weight and bulk].

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

mrjimphelps (2016-04-29)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Will try. Let you know.

Thanks
    Look for a driver and/or firmware update here:
    http://www.astellnkern.com/

Click on support and then download at FAQ/download at the top of the page.

You might also be able to get help from: support.inc@iriver.com

Jerry
    Last edited by jwitalka; 2016-04-29 at 11:28.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There are nothing in the support section either in the downloads, explanations, or manual that addresses the problem. Did email support. Thanks for the info.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Problem solved when connected via Wi-Fi to the internet. Firmware upgrade and now recognized. Never had to try the powered USB port. Thank you for your time.