Thanks

Send to Mail Recipient gets an error message

When I right click on a file and select Send to Mail Recipient, I get this error message:

Capture.PNG

I DO have an email program installed (AOL) and set as my default, and I CAN send emails when clicking Mailto: links on web sites.

I also can't send documents to email recipients from my Brother scanner. This has worked reliably in the past. It may be connected with upgrading from Windows 7, but I can't be sure.

What is going on here?
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks
    In Windows 10 there are two places where you can set default apps - both in Control Panel and in Settings/Default Apps. Maybe it try checking the settings in both locations? Or even toggling the settings Off/On. I've had that help.

Thanks
    Nice idea! I checked it out both ways, and both have my default email application as AOL. I'm still getting the same error message.

When looking through the various options for Settings/Default Apps, there is an option to "Choose default apps by protocol". It doesn't explain itself, but it shows a list of protocols. One of them is MAILTO, further described as URL:MailTo Protocol. (That one seems to work fine for me, since I can send emails to MailTo links.)

There are others that look like they might be involved. One of these is OUTLOOKMAIL, further described as URLutlookmail. I don't have any idea what it is, but it's set to Mail.

I'm guessing that when I use Send to > Mail recipient, it calls some sort of protocol that I don't know about. All I know for sure is that it doesn't work.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA