Lounger
    Thanks

mapi (office 2000)

I got a digital camera for christmas and the program that came with it enables one to send photo via email. when i try to send them i get a message to activate mapi in my mail program. I changer to corporate, but can't get my mail from there. had to go back to internet only. does anyone know how to set up to use mapi .???????

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: mapi (office 2000)

Corporate mode should be using MAPI
    if you have MS Word 97or 2000 or 2002, check to see if you can mail merge from the Outlook address book (not the Windows address book, that isn't MAPI for some reason)
    There are a number of free tools out there which also use MAPI (Messaging Application Programming interface).
    What Software are you using? There maybe people who have the same experience with it

Lounger
    Thanks

thanks;
    i'll give it a try. i went to corporate but did not do anything with the address book. that may be the problem. i am using win 98se, office 2000 and the software for the camera is canon zoombrowser EX. i also have ACD See from Hp and both programs will not email because mapi is not activated.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

you can't use the WAB and send mail to addresses in it, but if the software has a file | send mail menu, it should use OL2000 to send the message. you'll either need ot enter the address yourself or have it in the contacts folder.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

you may need to delete the profile and set it up again to get corp to send and receive mail. you may also need to run the fixmapi utility. however - for all the effort you are "saving" by sending from the application, you could stick with internet only and either insert file or find the image using windows explorer and right click - send.

internet mode has a lot of features you've probably come to like that are misssing from corp - and corp is slower, so unless you really, really use file | send mail from the app a lot, the convenience you gain there will be lost elsewhere.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to all for the responses. i tried removing the profiles and installed new, that did not work, tried fixmapi.exe that did not work tried auto detect and repair. still cannot send or receive from corporate. when i switch to internet only send and receive works fine. i think i will follow your suggestion and stay with internet only.

it just seems that if there is a feature with a program it would be nice to be able to use it. Oh Well, so much for modern technology i guess.

again thanks for all the input.